Sunday 4 December 2011

Zombie Duck (*A Poem for Kimbers)


I sit beside this Lakeside
Awaiting

Waiting
And
A
Watching
Hoping my line's still
Baited

With
Baited breath
As i hope is true
that this sole lure
Laid in wait  below

Still stands out against this
murksih
greenish
blue


The float does twitch in
these currents that swirl

And  how the swans
graceful knape does bow

And how The brezze skims leaves across
the waters top

And acorns from the oagaling oak above me drop

For these
false movements
on my float
Will make this rollie
IMPOSSIBLE
to role and
Smoke

And is this a curse from those fishes

Profain

and would choose
to tease me with their
Cunning games

And some times  i wish for them to share
My pain
And  for this lake to be filled up by
acid rains

the float
ducks out
out of sight
and as
instantly
dark green and blackened clowds
gather over head
As if the beginnings of a

Ferocious
Storm

Like some
Menacing Omen
of an Malolvolent threat

Like the devil is angry that he's lost
another bet

These clouds roll over each other like
Hair corns
Or bystanders escaping a massacre
The ambience has changed
and a chill sets in and makes frosted pins stick
into my skin

Like a sprinting of emotion
that flushes my spine
And whilst my stomach which
Grumbles and sit famished and baron inside

and i accept someithng
untoward is a foot
In just a short passing of
Time

A
Gaggle of Geese
Jump
In  at the other side of the lake
Underneath a pine

Now know no doubt

By the bread
That is floating
Around my baited
Line

I know this is going to be difficult
I really dont want to hook a goose

He'll probably knock
Me out with his

Wings

Whilst
Im
Trying
To
Set Him
Loose


Also in the back of mind a nagging
all my mental fibres are a tagging

For i know of a story true of this lake
before me so frightfully strewn

That once upon a time
The Lake was awash with

Friendly Ducks

But now just one remains

The locals call him

Canine
Canard
Mc Duck


He hasnt been seen
For years
And im not sure if
The stories are true
But if they are he
Would
Be
62

Maybe so these yarns
Were sewn with realities true

But im sure he musth have
Died and this is why
This lake to fish i choose

For it seclusion and
unfished aquatic bounty
replete

But for coming here now i do feel like a
complete tite

I do however remeber a well known fact about this
Lake which makes this icy chill
While ive been a fishing here
Slightley sedated on

Valium Pills

But only once and not yet before
Ive heared a person say that the people arent ment to fish here
even on the sunniest of days

Cos It sits on what was once a

Nuclear Power plant  Facility

And each new born borne
Around here since has been
Disabled from
Infancy

The
Power plant
Exploded
And  what waste it forth spewed

This
Luminous vitriol
And uranium
That sweeps into GAIA's  stocking
And she werent best amused
And her wraith

Has
Now
Come,

Has now come
A knocking

This violation to a lady
of such divine

Will makes tears of blood
Fall From innocence eyes

And is not only an insult  to nature but a
Incendiary act
And Gaia will now work by
Ancient laws which
Ancient sooths did say

That a violation of nature will cause a change in
Births that will take decades to change
And that which mutates and morphs
Under this duress
 Turns Nefaratu's gaze
And warms
Hes

Smiling jest

As he realises he's all the more not alone
As he maraudes and maintains
The depths of hell
Below

And for this atrocity
The monster that dwells wihtin this lake
Still waits in his cronie cragge

And looks up at the other ducks
With salivating monstorous jaws
That lag

With a maddening blood lust
and thought s that  imangination's
scream
a sensitivity  i discover more
fragile than these autumnal
Falling leaves

Then is see  Kimberly and she
has a flask she has bought for
Me

And inside the finest columbian coffe and
Brandy mix

and still hot
And will staisfy my fix

Oh what beauty and
Generosity abounds her qualities
True

I look so dearly now
But
she's running fast
and gaining speed

A look of worry upon my face
I do hope my warnings she
Will
Take
Heed

But then she slips and falls on that sweet face
On those wretched slipping leaves
Were to blame for
Misfortunes
Mistake

Then in these breif moment these eyes look out to the lake
and before i see a carnivourous deathly wake

4
Dead swans

Float on these waters disrupted

And I think the
Queen will be devastated

And
Her Butler
Disgusted

But then i see

Carnard

Himself
Twice the size of an average duck
and with fercious jaws that gnash
And covered in blood and feathered
Muck

And i swear he's sporting a

Hitler's
Tash

And some ungoddly appendage
Which hangs and glows before his mouth

And sprakles like the lures in my fishing box
And i decide i want out

He has a

Third eye

And looks at me with puropse
And poise

I dare note hold this menacing gaze
im far to Koi

Then Kimberely shouts

" Well help me up then...Ive bought you coffee
    Dear honey
   And your more interested in fishing
   this is typical of you,
   This is almost as selfish as not paying
   me back that money....."

For selfishness and fishing
walk hand in hand

And with this sentiment
many a women has
lost her
man

I look out to the lake
and it has returned to the tranquil lake i saw earlier
My eyes suddenly
Red and weakening

Do turn to
the
Burning
Intent
In those eyes of hers

I mean its true ive seen that look
but once before
And liked it then far much more

But i Turn to Kimbers
And i do say

" Sorry lovely i saw a Zombie Duck and it killed 4 Swans
but they disappeaed this is just my luck, where have they gone???

And Kimberley came beside me
to this riverside

And she sits down
a
all knowing
patorising
sort of a sitting

she picks up my
splifff
that i once kept close
to these lips

To my face she doth
Stare ond solomnly say

"You IDIOT peter your stoned again"

No comments:

Post a Comment