Sunday 13 November 2011

Flick Ups & A Night Time Soiree

Flick Ups



There is nothing

Just this ball and me

And a cushion of undulating air and leather that separates us
And finally im not alone

Oblivious and perfect



Without a thought to the passing of time or if I fail

There is nothing but focus

Energy



Just this intuitive grace

And the freedom it gives me



A Roof Top Soiree



The city buzzes’ below me

And a thousand thoughts pulsate



As vagrant and abandoned dreams join me above the smog

Seeking refuge and air from the neon haze of car fumes and advertising



The roads from here stretch out

 Fading in all directions

Inching their way closer to the edge

As do these wired legs

As I size up the next roof top and swell with energy



This is my playground

And the city will be just as alive in the morning



But for now only window lights and the faint glimmer of stars will beguile these eyes

Whilst hourglass figures silhouette and askew

Behind parted blinds



A thousand lives weave out a web and bind each other together

But we always forget to smile at each other



What a money trench this is

But what tainted glamour we’ll share for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment