Monday 14 November 2011

The Terrors of the night

Night without sleep;

The hands clap and the clock ticks

Whilst transient dreams surround my bed peering down on me

Enchanted in by this hanging Mohican dream catcher that swings above me

My worry dolls hide under my pillow unafraid of the tooth fairy’s trap
And the possibility of loosing their teeth means little compared to the nocturnal awakening that stir around this hour of twilight

Lying here is an internal battle alone with inquisition and these sweating sheets turn yellow and crumple under this duress

Electric shocks and spiders spark along the ceiling being revealed by the head lights of passing cars on the ghostly highway outside

And cats rip each others insides under a street light screaming like banshees whilst the fog slowly seeps in with the cold night time air


Like a ghostly gallion creeping into an unsuspecting village
laid in wait for the pillage
And  the red burning of blood soaked streets and howling babes.
Define this image

As nights sweet maidens cover their cloak over all of this
And the twinkling of eternity shine back into my eyes
And I exhale and my breath is caught on the air

Once again the clock ticks and the hand claps
I slowly dirft into a sleep
And she comes for me

A white hag comes and sits on my chest
And I cant breath….
im conscious, im alive but spinning and being thrown about this room
Suffocating and being swallowed up bt these tormenting sheets..

She comes for me and im certain I will die
I start to fall into the abyss and my eye sockets rip away at my skull
And i'm thrown into icy seas and the terror of the night
















No comments:

Post a Comment